Over the last 30 years, INT has led the way for technological developments in upstream data visualization. We’ve pioneered the use of the latest programming languages to develop high-performance, high-impact graphics. We were one of the first to develop in HTML5, and we use our experience to help our clients navigate their complex digital transformations. We have strong, long-lasting partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Google, OSDU, and others. Our clients include most of the world’s largest oil and gas companies, service companies, and many others.
INT engineers design our platforms and libraries for developers, architects, and digital product owners. We promote data science visualization where complex data is made presentable and turned into knowledge, quickly. We help developers focus their true expertise by reducing complex development cycles and improving efficiency. Our engineers thrive in applying new technologies and languages to offer new ways to consume upstream data visualization in the cloud, with machine learning.
We are looking to add a qualified Back-end Java Software Engineer
to our team based in Houston, TX. This role will be focused on writing code for our customer implementation projects, so the ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with customers, pivot priorities as projects change, and will be excited to learn and try new things to make it happen for our customers.
We are seeking a Back-end Developer with experience in Java development and/or consumption of web services.
This role will be focused on development of microservices as part of a visualization and analytics platform for the Energy industry.
What you will do:
- Work includes design, development, enhancement, and support of those applications
- Requires interaction with clients on support issues and definition of future business needs
Complete diverse development tasks and projects based on business priorities:
What you will bring:
- Adding or enhancing features
- Investigating and fixing defects
- Contribute to building of processes
- Peer code reviews
- Write server components for INT products
- Provide technical expertise in the evaluation of software solutions
- Software design, development (programming), and testing (full SDLC)
- Troubleshoot applications
- Solve client support requests
This role is an ideal fit for a versatile professional who is passionate about programming and has the following background:
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree- Computer Science/Information Systems or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience with Java development
- Knowledge of server development
- Familiar with OpenID Connect or other authentication technologies
- Experience with accessing data in AWS S3, Azure Blob Storage
- Experience working within with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Jira or other tracking system preferred
- Experience with Jenkins, Netbeans, and/or Postman preferred
- Python, JNI experience desirable
- Drive for execution of projects and commitment to quality
- Ability and willingness to contribute to team projects as well as individual tasks.
- High level of initiative and problem solving
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in written communications as well as verbal