Location: Houston, TX
About the job
INT is seeking a Technical Support Specialist to provide customer support for INT’s suite of software products. In this role, you will be adept at both building relationships and resolving issues as the customer’s first point of contact in requests for technical support or improvements.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and interfacing with internal teams as well as some experience in testing. We’re looking for someone who is a quick thinker, proactive, have strong problems solving and communication skills.
- Act as the first point of contact for customers on support requests
- Provide technical support to end users
- Create tickets and follow up with developers
- Manage the support workflow and prioritize appropriately
- Mentor and guided customers on INT software
- Work alongside the Project Management team to ensure the customer’s vision is met
- Troubleshoot issues; working with the development team to identify the root cause
- Identify and analyze bugs
- Provide input for product documentation and make recommendations based on customer feedback
- Manage assigned cases to meet service level agreements, while continuously providing updates to the business.
- Timely documentation of issues and actions
- May support the QA team when the need arises:
- Assist with manual testing and reporting bugs
- Assist with documenting test cases
- Report testing results to Test Manager
- Owns support cases including follow-up until resolution, ensuring proper escalation procedures are followed for unresolved issues.
- Maintain a low rate of non-bug escalations to the development team.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in customer support, technical support, or solutions engineering, preferably customer-facing roles
- Minimum 2 years of software development or testing experience in the Oil and Gas sector for drilling/production software/IT
- 4-year degree required with a degree in computer science preferred
- Good working knowledge of installing and managing applications on Windows. Experience with Linux operating systems preferred
- Creative troubleshooting abilities
- Experience working with cloud data
- Experienced using Jira or other ticket management
- Web debugging experience – devTools, Har files
- Fluent English and excellent customer-facing and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize customer issues and influence internal stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
The ideal candidate for this role enjoys working with customers and providing solutions. They will have some experience with software development and/or testing in order to provide support to customers, but may not have experience in every listed system.
- Multi-tasking, self-learning, highly motivated, and a team player
- Strong task management skills and drive to meet customer deadlines
- Proactive mentality with customer
- Ability to handle customer complaints with respect and professionalism
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.