Java Software Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
About the job
Over the last 30 years, INT has led the way for technological developments in upstream data visualization. We’ve been pioneers in using the latest languages to develop high-performance, high-impact graphics. We were one of the first to develop in HTML5, and we are using our experience to help our clients navigate their complex digital transformations, taking their data to the cloud, adding value, and maximizing impact. We have strong, long-lasting partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, OSDU, and others. Our clients include most of the world’s largest oil and gas companies and many others.
We are seeking a Back-end Developer with experience in Java development and/or consumption of web services.
This role will be focused on the development of microservices as part of a visualization and analytics platform for the Energy industry.
- Works include design, development, enhancement, and support of those applications
- Requires interaction with clients on support issues and definition of future business needs
Complete diverse development tasks and projects based upon business priorities:
- Adding or enhancing features
- Investigating and fixing defects
- Contribute to the building of processes
- Peer code reviews
- Write server components for INT products
- Provide technical expertise in the evaluation of software solutions
- Software design, development (programming), and testing (full SDLC)
- Troubleshoot applications
- Solve client support requests
This role is an ideal fit for a versatile professional who is passionate about programming and has the following background:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree- Computer Science/Information Systems or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience with Java development
- Knowledge of server development
- Familiar with OpenID Connect or other authentication technologies
- Experience with accessing data in AWS S3, Azure Blob Storage
- Experience working within Agile methodologies
- Experience with Jira or other tracking systems preferred
- Experience with Jenkins, Netbeans, and/or Postman preferred
- Python, JNI experience desirable
- Drive for the execution of projects and commitment to quality
- Ability and willingness to contribute to team projects as well as individual tasks.
- High level of initiative and problem-solving
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in written communications as well as verbal
INT is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job, not to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice.