Over the last 30 years, INT has led the way for technological developments in upstream data visualization. We’ve pioneered the use of the latest programming languages to develop high-performance, high-impact graphics. We were one of the first to develop in HTML5, and we use our experience to help our clients navigate their complex digital transformations. We have strong, long-lasting partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Google, OSDU, and others. Our clients include most of the world’s largest oil and gas companies, service companies, and many others.
Visualization of the subsurface data is an important component of oil and gas exploration. We are looking for a motivated Intern to join our team and use webgl / webgl2 to improve existing functionality of seismic volumetric rendering in GeoToolkit.JS graphical libraries on TypeScript and HTML5. The selected candidate will work closely with software developers and engineers of INT.
Key Metrics (Responsibilities)
- Developing solutions to technical challenges of 3D visualization of volumetric data
- Investigate and see if there are improvements to bring, either by using WebGL / WebGL 2 functionalities
- Investigate usage of level of details and potentially server-side rendering
- Participation in the design and development of software solutions with GeoToolkit.JS team
Results of Internship
- First hand experience working with and on industry-leading 2D / 3D visualization software
- Personal and professional development
- 3D graphics development experience
- Understanding modern webgl
- Experience in developing high web applications to resolve real-world problem and potentially be used by thousands of users around the world
- Minimum of two years of bachelor’s coursework completed
- Graduate-level coursework preferred
- Mobile Development experience a plus
- OpenGL/Direct3D experience a plus
- Advanced linear algebra skills
- Strong communication skills
Physical Requirements & Characteristics
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment
- Job site is in a central, air-conditioned building
- The employee must be able to lift up to 10lbs
- The employee must be able to carry up to 10lbs
- Must have a positive attitude and strong communication skills. Must manage time effectively and work in a manner that is ethical.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.